Tuesday 26 June 2007

-rolls eyes-

I just remembered, I wrote that last blog for a reason. Wanted to post some new poetry y'see. I just forgot so here goes nothing. Here's 2 different semi-songs, just need my guitarist to look at them and decide on tunes.

First one is about summer (duh)

These recycled trends,
from the highstreet,
old friends,
old beats,
we've heard them before,
but we want to hear more.

Le Chorus
Get outside,
grow up,
fall in love,
come alive,
lie in the sun,
with our loved ones,
we wouldn't want to change a thing,
this is were we belong.
This makes our lives mean something

The boys with neon smiles,
looking for a bit of fun,
last a while,
love in the sun,
not meant to be a permanent thing,
just a beautiful summer fling

girls with glittering eyes,
with killer bodies
want to feel alive,
boys to be forgotten.
Want to make the best of the sun,
and they're not the only ones

Not brilliant that one as I was aiming to write in a proper structure as Guitarist tells me that is what I am meant to do. -growls- Okay this other one needs more in it but I quite like the imagery.

She's sat in the same tree,
for 10 years,
The laces on her converse,
are missing,
just like part of her.
Now she's 16,
ready to fly,
but her laces are missing,
as is part of her mind.
She left it behind,
in the bark of that tree,
when things started to go wrong.

She sees her life
as a story book,
Few ties,
To reality except,
the laces from her converse,
tied round the trunk of the tree.
As a momento
"Don't forget me,"
she whispers,
"It's just time for me to go"
She promises to remain aloof,
promises not to forget you.

Now she's out in the big wide world,
Windswept,
And unknown,
Her hair blows,
Across her face,
So no-one knows her name.
Out here in the big city,
walks with her head down,
Just another beat on the pavement,
to pity,
Another little girl,
lost in a big town.

She's still wearing the same shoes,
part of who she used to be,
the laces,
tied round that old tree.
Some days,
she remembers the promises she made,
The people she betrayed,
by running away.
But she's okay.

James would be proud of me..je suis l'emo cheri!

No comments: